DisCos chiefs and heads of human resources described their project takeaways as follows:
- Sector training of HR managers during the quarterly meetings
- Sector salary benchmark
- Quarterly chiefs and heads of HR meetings
- ANED certification project
- Training needs assessment (TNA)
- Benchmark trip to France
- Team bonding activities
- Gender equality workshop
- Strategic HR and business partnering
- The “what has worked well for us” presentations
- Skills gap analysis for critical job roles in the DisCos
- Bulb exchange project of PHED
- Culture change management
- Employee Retention Strategy
- Importance of work-life balance
- Effective performance evaluation and management
- On the job evaluation
- The knowledge of potential opportunities for human capacity development – APUA/ANCEE & NAPTIN
- Support from ANED to get subsidised quality trainings from vendors: NAPTIN, Energy Training Centre (ETC) and Gil Training Institute
- Development of National Occupational Standards (NOS) for linesworkers and commercial officers
- Succession planning strategy
ANED CODIFOR Project, is a tripartite project comprising of The French Development Agency in Nigeria (AFD) as the funder, the Cooperation, Industrial development and Training (CODIFOR) as technical partner and Association of Nigerian Electricity Distributors (ANED) as the beneficiary on behalf of Nigerian Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos).
The Project with a life span of thirty (30) months was launched in July 2016 but officially started in January 2017 with the project closure scheduled for June 2019.
The Project Coordinators; Rotimi Adebari (ANED) and Agathe Gondinet (CODIFOR) described the end of the partnership as a new beginning for ANED and Nigerian electricity distribution companies.
The partnership between the Association of Nigerian Electricity Distributors (ANED) and CODIFOR was set up with the primary purpose of empowering DisCos chiefs and heads of human resources to build capacity and performance in Nigerian electricity distribution sub-sector.