FG receives power transmission expansion document from World Bank
Published on January 31 2018
Niger Govt To Clear 60million Naira AEDC Debts
Published on January 30 2018
Cummins Nigeria restates commitment to operation of 16 gas-fired power plants
Published on January 30 2018
The Project Coordinator will be in charge of designing and implementing ANED projects related to human resources and vocational training. Also, ensuring the projects contribute to the electricity distribution sector’s performance. The coordinator will operate in partnership with CODIFOR, a French operator that will assist ANED on human resources and training projects.
- Carrying out diagnostic analysis of DisCos’ on human resources;
- Designing and implementing tools to assess DisCos’ needs related to training and recruitment;
- Developing ANED data collection system;
- Supporting DisCo’s with assessing their challenges and priorities regarding human resources and training;
- Contributing to ANED’s policy on skills development for power distribution sector and designing a communication plan on the policy;
- The Coordinator will be responsible for taking business and facilitate breaking the requirements into consumable pieces of tasks;
- Responsible for leading and managing projects within the electricity distribution sector;
- Scheduling and conducting project meetings, documenting action items and following up on action items;
- Providing DisCos’ with information about training opportunities and financial conditions;
- Contributing to increase in the quality of training solutions delivered by partners through a labelling certifications system;
- Mapping and assessing the quality of training providers in Nigeria for the Power sector and identifying potential partners for ANED;
- Managing relations and representing ANED on topics related to human resources with partners, including governance agencies, businesses and numerous professional associations;
- Developing relations and common projects with DisCos’ human resources teams and deliver operational solutions, tools and methodology that will support their work and help upgrade practices in the electricity distribution sector;
- Promoting the electricity distribution sector, in particular towards youth through communication activities about the sector’s needs, job trades, opportunities and evolution of technologies;
- Developing partnerships with technical education and vocational training facilities through a shared governance, in order to provide DisCos’ with training solution that fit their needs; and
- Recruiting and managing consultants when needed.
- Masters degree in Business Administration/Human Resources Management/Electrical Engineering or Project Management preferred – Equivalent work experience can be substituted on a year-by-year basis.Consideration may be given to other areas of study, with current or prior experience in Human Resources;
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a power sector industry preferably in Nigeria.Knowledge of commercial and technical job trades in DisCos’ and a clear vision of issues and priorities in the power distribution sector preferred;
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects;
- Ability to manage projects and deliver operational solutions and services that fit their expectations and needs.Experience in project management, change management analysis and capacity building;
- Advanced computer skills especially in Office software and email applications;
- Excellent Organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Excellent Interpersonal skills which includes: Problem-solving, Decision-making, Negotiation, Listening and Assertiveness;
- Ability to independently exercise sound judgement in making decisions; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The closing date for this job is 27th June, 2016 at 5:00pm. All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter in Microsoft word document and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email should be the position being applied for.
The cover letter should be addressed to
Association of Nigeria Electricity Distributors
Ogun House, 3rd Floor,
Plot 74 Shodeinde Street,
Central Business District
NB: Only applications sent directly to the above email address and follow the above instructions will be considered.