1. Site Security
You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of this site. Any such violations may result in criminal and/ or civil penalties against you. We will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations. Violations of the security of the site include without limitation:
- logging into or attempting to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- accessing data or taking any action to obtain data, information or service s not intended for you or your use;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures;
- transmitting material that contains vi ruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or other computer programming routines or engines or engage in conduct that could damage, disrupt or otherwise impair or interfere with a computer’ s functionality or the operation of the site.
2. Other Prohibited Activity
In using this site, you must not:
- post, send or otherwise t ransmit to or through the site any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any k ind, any material that exploits children or is invasive of or in breach of another person’ s privacy or other rights or any material that ANED in its sole discretion does not wish posted or transmitted on the site;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as r ights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload or otherwise make available, files that contain images, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, includ ing without limitation copyright or trademark laws and rights of publicity and privacy unless you own or control the r ights thereto or have received a ll necessary authorizations to do the same;
- misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way; 5 engage in deceptive online marketing;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations; or
- assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
3. Unsolicited Ideas
You must exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment in using the site ANED does not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for products, technologies, or processes. You must not t ransmit any material to or through this site .
The material made available at this site is protected by copyright. No material from this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without written permission of the copyright owner, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer and produce one printed copy for your personal, non – commercial use only, provided you keep intact a ll copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the mate r ia ls for any other purpose is a violation of ANED’s copyright and it s proprietary r ights. Permission for all other uses of materials contained herein, including reproducing and distributing multiple copies, or linking to any page at this site except the ” home page” (http:// www.[.]), must be obtained from ANED in advance. Requests for such authorization should be sent via email. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. All design rights, databases and compilation and other intellectual property r ights, in each case whether registered or unregistered, and related goodwill are proprietary to ANED.
All t rademarks, service marks, logos and trade names, whether registered or unregistered, are proprietary to ANED or to other companies where so indicated. You may not reproduce, download or otherwise use any such trademarks, service marks, logos or trade names without the prior written consent of the appropriate owner thereof.
6. Links to Other websites
As you view this site, you may notice links to other non- ANED websites. These links are for convenience only. Certain of these linked websites may make use o f ANED proprietary intellectual property rights ( such as trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names) under license from ANED. ANED is not responsible for the availability or content of these sites or for any viruses or other damaging elements encountered in linking to a third party website. In addition, providing links to these sites should not be interpreted as endorsement or approval by ANED of the organisations sponsoring the sites or their products or services.
7. Jurisdictional Issues
This site is controlled and operated by ANED from it s offices within the Federal Republic of Nigeria. ANED makes no representation that materials in the site are
appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Access to this site from jurisdictions where the contents of this site are illegal or penalized is prohibited.
The materials in this site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, ANED disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties. ANED does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error -free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. ANED does not make any representations or warranties regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
10. Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted under applicable law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall ANED be
liable for any compensatory, punitive, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this site, even if ANED or an ANED authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such liability.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold ANED, it s affiliates and any of it s and members, directors, employees, agents, and contractors harmless from and against any and a ll claims, damages, losses, costs ( including without limitation reasonable legal fees) or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (i) your breach of this agreement; and/ or (ii) your activities in connection with this site.